Your Bib Enneagram Results Are In…
By Casey Corey
The Enneagram is a fun way to learn about yourself and the people in your life. At a basic level, it’s a way to characterize your personality. There are nine “types”. Although there are qualities that you relate to in each of the types, there is one that resonates most- that’s your “basic personality type.” I’m a 4, the “individualist”. Did you know you can tell which personality type your kids are as young as 4 or 5 years old? I find it to be a very helpful way to understand my relationships and myself.
I was taking stock of the Casey Sheila Quilts samples I have on hand, and realized the personalities in all of these bibs were waiting to be characterized too! So without further ado, here are the baby bibs matched by Basic Personality Type:
- The Reformer: The Rational, Idealistic Type:Principled, Purposeful, Self-Controlled, and Perfectionistic
- The Helper: The Caring, Interpersonal Type: Demonstrative, Generous, People-Pleasing, and Possessive
Strawbabies Bib Set. You know the classroom mom who sends in Pinterest-worthy Valentine’s Day Gift Bags for all of the kids that are safe, all-inclusive and beautiful? She might be a 2. And yeah, I want to be her too. The Strawbabies likewise are perfectly matched, full of vitamin C, and of course, super cute. Can’t go wrong with the pink Strawbabies to accessorize that onesie.
- The Achiever: The Success-Oriented, Pragmatic Type: Adaptive, Excelling, Drive, and Image-Conscious
Les Fleurs Babies Bib Set. These flowers are gorgeous and pragmatic. The full package. Everything is blooming and bright. Baby is ready to try some homemade, organic baby food? She needs this set to accompany that first bite (well, more of a gum really than a bite).
- The Individualist: The Sensitive, Withdrawn Type: Expressive, Dramatic, Self-Absorbed, and Temperamental
Mer-Babies Bib Set. Each mermaid in this set is feeling herself. They have their own personalities and they know it. They’re not hanging out with each other because most of them are introverts and need to recharge for a bit. As a 4, I don’t love the description of the 4… because really, everyone needs a 4 in their lives. We are generally great listeners and excellent cheerleaders. And also as a 4, this is one of my favorite sets (please, don’t tell the other sets I said that though).
- The Investigator: The Intense, Cerebral Type: Perceptive, Innovative, Secretive, and Isolated
Purple Dino Babies Bib Set. Could dinosaurs be anything but intense? These guys are figuring out the world, just like your baby. Watching your every move, taking it all in, and then letting out a cry here and there to keep you on your toes. Maybe all babies start out as 5s and move into their real personality type as they get older?
- The Loyalist: The Committed, Security-Oriented Type: Engaging, Responsible, Anxious, and Suspicious
Pop Babies Bib Set. The Pop Babies are committed to keeping your baby safe from drool, food, and spit up. Always on the look out, easy to wash, and reliable enough to use over and over again. Every baby needs a 6 looking out for them.
- The Enthusiast: The Busy, Fun-Loving Type: Spontaneous, Versatile, Distractible, and Scattered
Party Babies Bib Set. I mean, this one speaks for itself. No one is sleeping tonight. It’s time for snuggles with momma and lots of milk. Let’s get the party started, am I right?
- The Challenger: The Powerful, Dominating Type: Self-Confident, Decisive, Willful, and Confrontational
Wild Things Bib Set. Max certainly seems like an 8. He’s not scared of those wild things. He looks them straight in the eye and tells them who’s boss. And when he’s ready to leave, he does just that. Home to momma and supper. Because that’s who loves him best of all :)
- The Peacemaker: The Easygoing, Self-Effacing Type: Receptive, Reassuring, Agreeable, and Complacent
Lazy Babies Bib Set. These sloths are stirring up any drama in your life. They’re cute and ready for the ride. Maybe new baby has a few older siblings? The sloth set might be for that baby, then. Lots of people to watch and observe as baby acclimates to life outside the womb.
Need some other bib suggestions? Please email email@example.com, I’m more than happy to help you find the perfect bib set.
P.S. If you’re curious about the enneagram and want to learn more, check it out: https://www.enneagraminstitute.com/type-descriptions. Fair warning- it’s a lot of fun.